Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who:
· consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Information Processing Specialist (Financial Aid) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Perform accounting and finance functions as it relates to financial aid accounts.
- Ability to interpret and apply federal and state regulations.
- Accurately perform Return to Title IV (R2T4) Calculations and adhere to timelines as set forth in policies and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the R2T4 guidelines and regulations.
- Reconciliation of federal, state, or institutional programs.
- Perform data analysis to identify discrepancies and determine appropriate action for resolution.
- Advise students, parents, staff, and faculty on financial aid programs and procedures.
- Interact with federal and state officials as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate data and generate reports as needed.
- Assist in student communication functions within the financial aid office.
- Work independently and provide regular status updated on areas of responsibility.
- Promote, support, and participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
$30,790.00 min. to ($19.88) $38,766.00 max
- Education and Training: Minimum two year degree
- Work experience: Two years full-time experience involving accounting or finance
- Education and Training: degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Ellucian Banner software system
- Experience working in Financial Aid
- Experience performing R2T4 calculations or working as an auditor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong accounting and fiscal management skills.
- Knowledge of government rules, regulations, and procedures related to financial aid.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service via e-mail, telephone, and other media.
- Strong technical and analytical abilities.
- Ability to research, analyze, and answer financial aid questions accurately and in detail and make sound judgments.
- Ability to follow processes, work effectively on a team, and maintain positive attitude
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to adapt and work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to operate software systems such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems, and manage multiple work functions with accuracy and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to learn complex financial aid software (Banner).
Closing Date: 7/25/2019 (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. est.)
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req2850