POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR, Information
Technology and Infrastructure Management
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology –
Shelbyville is now accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor,
Information Technology and Infrastructure Management. The position will primarily provide
instruction at the extension campus in Lincoln County.
The Information Technology and Infrastructure
Management (ITIM) Instructor shall have a technical diploma or higher with
an emphasis in Computer Information Systems Technology, Cybersecurity or
related area and industry working experience of at least one year. COMPTIA,
Microsoft certifications and teaching experience are preferred.
Technology and Infrastructure (ITIM) Instructor will work under the supervision of the Vice President
and in conjunction with the lead Information Technology and Infrastructure
Management Instructor on the Shelbyville campus.
position shall be responsible for:
1. Providing instruction and assessment for students as outlined in the approved ITIM curriculum;
2. Staying current with all information technology credentials required to teach the skills outlined in program curriculum;
3. Assuring the skills taught are aligned with new techniques used in the fields of industry and business by visiting industries, business, taking information technology courses, studying periodicals and industrial magazines;
4. Providing work ethic instructional modules and be a model for appropriate work ethic behavior;
5. Maintaining a friendly intelligent relationship with schools, industry, and business to promote the ideals of technical education and implement an effective placement program for students.
6. Developing a plan and instruction for each student to complete required industry certifications;
7. Entering attendance and grades into student information system (Banner);
8. Monitoring student academic progress and identifying mechanisms to assist students who may not be progressing on a timely basis.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed beginning July
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville is a Tennessee
Board of Regents institution
TCAT-Shelbyville is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity