MSCC- Faculty: Speech and Mass Communications Instructor
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Speech and Mass Communications Instructor – Tenure Track
Moore County Based
Tentative Start Date: Aug 1, 2018
Position number: #301
Annual Salary: $40,000
Applications deadline: Until Filled
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts.
Motlow State Community College, the fastest growing college in Tennessee, is seeking energetic and student-focused Speech faculty to teach a variety of Speech and Mass Communications courses at its Moore County Campus and other campuses. Motlow State Community College offers day, afternoon, night, weekend, online, and accelerated courses at four campuses and other community locations.
Hold a Master’s degree in Speech or Mass Communications or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university or a Master’s degree in any field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Speech and 18 graduate semester hours in Mass Communications or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university by the application date.
Qualifying fields for Speech include the following: Speech Communications, Oratory, and Speech.
Qualifying fields for Mass Communications include the following: Communications, Journalism, and Media Studies.
• Previous community college teaching experience
• Ability to teach in additional MSCC teaching field
• Digital literacy
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
• Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus
• Submit all requested paperwork timely and complete
• Respond promptly to the Dean’s requests
• Participate in graduation exercises
• Support curricular and extracurricular activities within the college
• Stay abreast of current developments in the teaching discipline
• Travel to multiple campuses as assigned
• Teach dual enrollment classes at area high schools as assigned
• Work as part of a team
• Teach a 15 hour load per semester (summers voluntary)
• Advise and mentor students about academic and career goals
• Serve on college committees
• Post and maintain office hours which provide adequate time for academic advisement with students; out-of-class meetings with students and colleagues; and faculty, division, and departmental meetings
• Collaborate with Humanities faculty, curriculum chair, and academic leadership about curricular and programmatic issues and needs
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1541, TDD (931-393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA employer