MSCC- Faculty: Nursing Instructor.
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Nursing Instructor – Tenure Track
Replacement Position - Re-post
Position number: #281
Annual Salary: $42,000
Applications deadline: Until Filled
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts.
Motlow State Community College, the fastest growing college in Tennessee, is seeking energetic and student-focused Nursing faculty to teach Nursing at Motlow State Community College.
Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited college, unencumbered TN RN licensure. Three years of nursing experience is required, and medical-surgical clinical experience is preferred.
• Previous community college teaching experience
• Nursing practice experience in varied settings
• Digital literacy
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
• Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus
• Maintain professional competency
• Assist in keeping instructional resources current
• Submit all requested paperwork timely and complete
• Respond promptly to the Director’s/Dean’s requests
• Participate in graduation exercises
• Support curricular and extracurricular activities within the college
• Travel to multiple campuses as needed
• Work as part of a team
• Teach a 15 hour load per semester
• Advise and mentor students about academic and career goals
• Serve on college committees
• Post and maintain office hours which provide time for academic advisement, out-of-class meetings with students and colleagues, and faculty and departmental meetings.
• Collaborate with the Nursing faculty and director about curricular and programmatic issues and needs.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1541, TDD (931-393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA employer