MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Paramedic Instructor – Term Appointment– 12 Month Contract
Position number: #311
Annual Salary: $52,700
Applications deadline: Until Filled
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts.
Motlow State Community College, the fastest growing college in Tennessee, is seeking energetic and student-focused paramedic faculty to teach paramedic classes at Motlow State Community College.
Associate degree and current licensure as a Tennessee EMT-Paramedic. A minimum of two years’ experience in a pre-hospital environment, a minimum of two years EMS education administration experience or greater than 300 hours of EMS instruction. Must be currently endorsed in an EMS Board approved trauma, cardiac, and pediatric course and completed an EMS Board approved instructor’s course. The successful candidate will be an ACLS/PALS instructor or complete the training within one year of employment.
• Previous community college teaching experience
• Paramedic practice experience in varied settings
• Digital literacy
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Critical Care Endorsement
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus
- Maintain professional competency
- Assist in keeping instructional resources current
- Submit all requested paperwork timely and complete
- Respond promptly to the Director’s/Dean’s requests
- Participate in graduation exercises
- Support curricular and extracurricular activities within the college
- Travel to multiple campuses as needed
- Work as part of a team
- Teach a 15 hour load per semester
- Advise and mentor students about academic and career goals
- Serve on college committees
- Post and maintain office hours which provide time for academic advisement, out-of-class meetings with students and colleagues, and faculty and departmental meetings.
- Collaborate with the EMS faculty and director about curricular and programmatic issues and needs.
A more detailed job description for this position is included with the online application. To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and transcript(s) online at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=7&c=tbr . Once the online application is complete, a confirmation email will be given to the applicant verifying receipt of the application.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1541, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA employer