MSCC- Administration: Campus Academic Assistant Dean - Smyrna
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
CAMPUS ACADEMIC ASSISTANT DEAN
12 Month Employee - Smyrna Campus
Position number: #315
Annual Salary: $65,000
Applications deadline: July 20, 2018
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts.
General Description and Function:
The Campus Academic Assistant Dean will work with the Smyrna Campus Academic Dean and the Curriculum Chairs to provide leadership for academic courses and programs offered at the Smyrna campus of Motlow State Community College. In consultation with the Smyrna Campus Dean, the Assistant Dean will have responsibility for management and support of academic programs on the Smyrna campus. The Academic Assistant Dean will report to the Smyrna Campus Academic Dean.
· Master’s degree in academic area represented at MSCC.
· Three years’ teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
Assist the Smyrna Academic Dean by:
· Implementing strategies to provide measurable improvements in the performance of students in all academic programs offered on the Smyrna campus.
· Supporting research and implementation plans for a minimum of two academic programs a year.
· Leading activities to meet the goals of the MSCC strategic plan and TBR initiatives on the Smyrna campus.
· Monitoring budget for Smyrna academic programs.
· Recruiting both full-time and part-time faculty and ensuring that credentials comply with licensing and accreditation requirements.
· Providing documentation and support for SACSCOC institutional accreditation.
· Serving as the Dean’s designee for formal student complaints and grade appeals.
· Monitoring attendance reporting, grade reporting, and other required reporting for faculty on the Smyrna campus.
· Coordinating faculty advising activities on the Smyrna campus.
· Supporting adjunct orientation, training, and recruitment activities on the Smyrna campus.
Other Responsibilities include:
· Support the implementation of the use of emerging and mobile technologies for classroom instruction.
· Assist in the recruitment of students for all academic programs in the Smyrna service area.
· In consultation with the Curriculum Chairs, support activities associated with academic curriculum review, revision, and development; course scheduling; identification of resources; and course/program evaluation.
· Maintain and enforce college policies and procedures.
· Disseminate and utilize data for program improvement.
· Seek grant funding sources related to academic programs on the Smyrna campus.
· Assist students and faculty with compliance with TBR and Motlow State Community College policies.
· Represent the college at regional, state, and national meetings to maintain professional growth.
· Serve on college committees.
· When appropriate, assist with co-curricular, learning support, and the learning labs on the Smyrna campus.
· Assist with academic initiatives and reporting required by TBR.
· Assist Smyrna Campus Academic Dean with duties and responsibilities associated with the Academic Division.
Note: All applications close at end of business on the last day they are posted.
A more detailed job description for this position is included with the online application. To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application, resume, writing sample, and transcript(s) online at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=7&c=tbr . Once the online application is complete, a confirmation email will be given to the applicant verifying receipt of the application.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1541, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA employer