MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Secretary III, Athletics
Moore County Campus
Position number: #318
Annual Salary: $26,500 - $28,300
Applications deadline: July 20, 2018
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts.
The mission of Motlow’s athletic department is to help student-athletes become better individuals, both on and off the court/field/pitch. The athletic department secretary supports the mission of the athletic director and the department. This position requires an ability to successfully interact with student-athletes, coaches, campus personnel, and the general public.
· Associate degree (Note: If you have earned an Associate degree OR a higher degree, please answer "YES" to the question about if you have an Associate degree within the application. If you do not, this question can automatically reject your application.)
· Two years of clerical or secretarial experience or equivalent
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Bachelor’s degree
· Knowledge of and familiarity with athletics
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate)
· Adhere to NJCAA and TCCAA rules.
· Greet visitors to Nisbett Center and direct them to the proper person or campus location.
· Answer primary athletic department phone and direct calls to the proper person or campus location.
· Receive and send athletic department mail and shipments.
· Keep appointment schedule and create and maintain itinerary for athletic director.
· Oversee student workers, temporary employees, and/or lower level clerical employees as directed.
· Create, maintain and organize business-related documents for the department, including purchase orders, disbursement requests, and purchase card records.
· Maintain department budgets, working closely with the athletic director, and reconcile budgets monthly with the Vice President of Finance.
· Facilitate, organize and maintain all student-athlete forms, including physicals, insurance, personal information, parental contact information, and injury reports.
· Work closely with department personnel, process proper paperwork, and maintain accurate records related to and regarding travel arrangements for teams, coaches and the athletic director.
· Maintain records and disburse student-athlete meal cards.
· Assist with athletic concession stand organization and operation as needed.
· Assist with athletic department activities, including fundraisers, banquets, and special events as needed.
· Assist athletic director and coaches with game day setup and operation as needed.
· Organize and facilitate payment to game officials, referees and umpires.
· Input athletic department work requests to facilities, IT, etc. utilizing College online system.
· Maintain records and organize process for athletic department courtesy car usage.
· Maintain inventory and order supplies for athletic department training contractor.
· Work closely with campus departments, including the learning support coordinator, business office, financial aid, and admissions & records.
· Compose letters and correspondence for the athletic director as needed.
· Create and assemble reports and projects as needed.
· Assist athletic director with conference and national organization reports.
· Maintain, organize and store audit-ready paper files regarding business, travel, purchases, insurance, injuries, and all athletic department activities as needed.
· Work nights and weekends as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA employer